Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Birthdays and Painting...







So, Austin is 2 now...I am so sad that he is so big, he says so many words and knows how to do so much that even just a couple of months ago were totally foreign :( He is so smart! He got many wonderful toys for his birthday but the crowning moment was a Lightening McQueen scooter and he can ride it like he was born on it...It's scary almost! We had family over this time, no friends, and had a great time! However, the house was totally trashed, so Monday I decided to do a little picking up, and one thing led to another and I decided to spruce up the house, so I started a couple of projects, painting! I painted our front door and with the help of Grampa painted the front living room wall, just enough for contrast, I totally love it...and the best part of all is that While I was shopping for the paint for the door and had to pay full price for that there was a clearance shelf at Home Depot with paints that hadn't been purchased or maybe returned for some reason and the whole can was .16 cents!!! So for 15$ I painted two things and they look marvelous! Here are the pictures of Austin's Birthday and My Painting Projects! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Looks great! What is the name of the color you used on the living room wall? I am going to paint our LR at some point... I really like Benjamin Moore.. but I may go with a cheaper alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the living room I used Ralph Lauren Candlight Topcoat, I don't know what tint because the label was ripped off for clearance sale. It's a deep rose color though and a bit textured...with almost a glitter to it, not quite, but almost. I tried painting the family room today and hated the color...It's called faux suede and in another color might have been nice, but this was the color of poop...sometimes you win sometimes you lose :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty! The LR color that is! I like the idea of doing one wall for accent.

    ReplyDelete